I Have A C100 Form. What Happens Next?

Picture of Anna Vollans

Anna Vollans

Founder of Vollans Mediation

Making Financial Arrangements

The C100 is the court form you will use to make an application to the court for a Child Arrangements Order.

There are a number of reasons why we may provide you with a C100 during the mediation process. Here are some examples:-

  • If you attend a MIAM and don’t want to proceed any further with mediation
  • If you attend a MIAM and the person you want to mediate with doesn’t want to mediate
  • If you attend a MIAM and the mediator doesn’t think your case is suitable for mediation
  • If you attend a joint session of mediation but aren’t able to reach agreement on every aspect
  • If you attend a joint session of mediation and reach an agreement but want the Court to approve what you’ve agreed.

We will provide you with a completed and signed P9 of the C100 court form.  You can use this to make an application to the Court for a Child Arrangements Order if that is what you choose to do.

The form is valid for 4 months, after which time you would need to attend a further Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting if you wanted to make an application to Court.

As mediators we can’t provide you with individual advice about making an application to the Court.

If you’re instructing a solicitor:
You should make them aware that you’ve been issued the form and they will be able to assist you.
If you want to take advice on next steps, here are a few suggestions of organisations you might want to contact:-

  1. Resolutions 6,500 members are family lawyers committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.
    You can find details of local specialist family solicitors here.
  2. The Family Law Panel is a national network of leading family law professionals dedicated to supporting families to make the best choices in navigating the legal process.
    You can find out about what they offer on their website.
  3. The Personal Support Unit provides support and guidance before and during court for people who are representing themselves, without help.
    Find out more about the service they offer.

If you’re not instructing a solicitor:
There’s lots of information available on the internet to help you and which you can access for free.
We’ve listed some key information for you to have a look at below:-

If you choose to make an application to the Court, you can make the application online.

Alternatively you can download the full form, which you will need to complete.

You will find some notes to help you complete the form on P21-22.

Before completing this form please read these leaflets:
‘CB1 – Making an application – Children and the Family Courts’
and the leaflet ‘CB7 – Guide for separated parents: children and the family courts’.

The Advicenow Guide may be helpful too.

You should normally make your application to the Designated Family Centre for your area. You can find this, and a full list of courts and what type of work they do online.

You may need to pay a fee with your application.
You should read leaflet ‘EX50 Civil and family court fees’ to find out what fee you need to pay, if any.

Share this post

Scroll to Top